Tuesday 30 March 2010

Fuel For Life



Time is the most precious thing we have. When we run out of it, game is over.

I’m doing some reading about it. And today’s article is about 15 Ways to Create an Hour a Day of Extra Time … for Solitude..

Solitude is: time you spend with yourself and “Now, more than ever, we need our solitude. Being alone gives us the power to regulate and adjust our lives. It can teach us fortitude and the ability to satisfy our own needs. A restorer of energy, the stillness of alone experiences provides us with much-needed rest. It brings forth our longing to explore, our curiosity about the unknown, our will to be an individual, our hopes for freedom. Alone time is fuel for life.”

The topic is very interesting  and I believe I do spend some solitude time unconsciously..

However, with these 15 ways, we can free up time to do more important things like working toward a goal, realizing a dream, spending time with family/friends, paint, read,…etc.

So I list them and highlight the ones I’m gonna stick to for 30 days of April:

   1. Television max 60 minutes.
   2. Internet max 60 minutes.
   3. Wake earlier 1 hour earlier, or stay up an hour later. Either way works.
   4. Email do email once a day, for 30 minutes.
   5. Stop shopping except essential grocery shopping. Everything else goes on a 30-day list.
   6. Leave work early.
   7. Go to work late.
   8. Take a longer lunch. If you can take 90 minutes for lunch, use the first 30 for eating and the other 60 for solitude.
   9. Stop digesting news.
  10. Don’t do anything after work.
  11. Skip civic commitments.
  12. Minimalize laundry.
  13. Minimalize housework/yardwork.
  14. Cut out non-essential reading.
  15. Minimalize recreation.

Internet is going to be the most challenging I believe, so I have to start using a timer *which I luckily have on my phone*.

And to be more organized, I will allocate a fixed time for TV, Internet, and Email and

I shall have 30-60 minutes for solitude time in these coming 30 days.  And perhaps I will allocate some time for painting? Hmm let’s see how I can develop a daily/weekly routine for the month of April : ) and how I can stick to it O_O!


To be continued...

douka

2 comments: